Thursday, April 2, 2015

Salad Dressings: Red Pepper Vinaigrette...

Red Pepper Vinaigrette...

Red Pepper Vinaigrette...

Today I have a simple recipe/mix for you. This is a great substitute for that store bought dressing you always buy. It is olive oil based and has a little kick to it...but to much of a kick...know what I mean :) Hubby's been using this recipe to top his salads that he brings to work. I made it for the first time last week and my anti-texting hubby, texted me to tell me how good it was. He sure knows how to make this lady smile....and jump up and down. Don't we all love it when our family likes what we make? I know I do :)

This is a super simple recipe to throw together. I like to whip it up in our nutri-bullet, but any blender will do. Store dressing in the fridge, in an air tight container. I like to use mason jars. Make sure to label and date your jar as well. This recipe should keep for a week or two in the fridge.

Red Pepper Vinaigrette

1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 red bell pepper
1 tsp minced garlic (I use garlic I buy in bulk from Costco. It comes in a jar)
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 cup olive oil

In a blender, mix all ingredients. Use to top salads or to dip veggies in :)

Red Pepper Vinaigrette...


Enjoy lovelies!!


XO Danielle

2 comments:

  1. I love your table cloth! Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is actually a piece of fabric I got from Joanns forever ago:)

      Delete

I read every.single.comment and love them! Thank you for taking the time to come to Blissful and Domestic and share with me. All comments are moderated, so your comment will appear once it is approved. Thanks lovelies!